Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Reseting router

Hi there am having signal issue with ring doorbell,  told to reset my router, besides taking plug out that all I can do , want to check settings from 2.5 to 5ghz, won't let me log into it either way. Not sure if it been locked out by password by the ...

andy1494 by Dialled in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! moving router

Hiya. When we had our broadband installed last year, there was already a Virgin socket in our living room from a previous occupant, so we just went with that without thinking. However, this is the most remote corner of the flat, and we often can't ge...

SSE by Joining in
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Have Hub 5 bugs been fixed?

Hey all,Just wondering if the Hub 5 is still as buggy as 2 years ago and if there is a list of known issues.I had ethernet connection and wifi dropping alongside high latency spikes.I'm currently still running the 2AC but wary I will need to switch s...

Resolved! Cable modem offline

My cable modem will suddenly no longer go online. I’ve tried reconnecting the coax cable on the modem and at the wall with no success. Any ideas? Does this need an engineer? Here are the logs.ThanksTime Priority DescriptionThu 01/01/197000:01:423No R...

DannyF by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi booster not showing

Following all instructions to set up booster and extender (large booster), all looks correct once done but can't see booster/large extender on any device as an option to connect to.Contacting Virgin support is nigh on impossible...well it is impossib...

Athanfel by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New hub 3 stuck in ‘Update in Progress’

Hi,I received a new hub replacement a little while ago, and finally got to setting it up today. I followed the steps on the virgin media website to replace the hub and found no issue there.For some reason, my hub 3 has no internet. Whenever I connect...

Linforth by Joining in
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port forwarding

In the past i had two PC's in my house both going to the same local port but with both using different external ports. I had no problems setting this up then. But recently i was trying to set this up again but i kept getting a "The rule is overlappin...

Internet keeps disconnecting

Since I upgraded to a new package the 1Gig with a hub 5 in October, I have been having connection issues since the first day. So from the 10th October to to the 28th December I have had 7 engineers come round my house and have had everything changed ...

23-12-23.png 27-12-23.png
SimonR42 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Flashing Red LED Hub.4 28/12

Fault finding Tips have failed to restore Hub.4 this morning.I have VM Engineer 2nd Jan which could cost at least 2 days lost WFH.Is constant blinking Red LED Hardware Fault.thanks

Donfor40 by Superfast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos