cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Tr4hman
Tuning in

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day

136 REPLIES 136

Hi,

Pleased to report engineer turned up on time, was friendly and helpful and fixed a few things.

Hopefully that should be the end of the issues- if not, his advice was to call (!) or Whatapp customer service and ask for a Hub5 and/or one or two boosters, so will be back here if it starts fading again.

Cheers.

Hi @Victory1789,

Thank you for the update following the technician visit. I'm very glad to hear that we were able to locate and resolve the issue for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried for a very long time and got now wear mine is resting now I don't a what a  engineer I jast want a  hub sent out it's going to go  bang at some point  I have given up now

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please, please please everyone do not coattail on existing posts. It’s extremely difficult to answer multiple people at once and only delays the resolution.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Of course a few days later and the issues are back: low signal strength in certain areas of the house at certain times of day, etc....

Now let's see if I can contact anyone for a signal booster....

Hi @Victory1789,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing coverage issues in certain areas of the property. I'd recommend our Connect app. When installed, you can do a wireless scan in the property. This scan will optimise the connection where possible to do so. It'll also check for any coverage blackspots in the property and if a WiFi Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order one.
How are things on a wired connection?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's just too complicated/confusing for my old brain, probably deliberately.  I got the app, wondered around, nothing useful came of it.  Am I supposed to recognise designations like 72:8d;A5 blah blah ??

It's impossible to just speak to someone, explain the situation ONCE, and have something done about it.

It's clear either:

The hub needs replacing - it's getting quite old, costs Virgin pennies, and considering we pay £150+ a month shouldn't really be that hard to post one out...

The drop outs and dead zones are getting worse, so boosters might be the answer, but the system to order even one has ten thousand steps and again, there is no simple way to just either email and request one or call and order one (or two, as we have two TV boxes).

I've given up- it wastes too much of my time trying to fix problems caused by Virgin's lack of customer service and layers of dross designed to put off almost everyone except the really stubborn.

Thanks for coming back to us @Victory1789, I would be happy to order a WiFi pod for you but to do that I would need to pass account security with you, I know that you have already done it with other agents but as it has been a few weeks, I would need to do it again.

I will send a private message over in a moment, please look out for it.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Victory1789.

I have arranged for the pod to be sent out to you and this will be with you next in few days, Yodel will be in touch soon to confirm you tracking information and your delivery date and time. 

Regards,

Steven_L

I have the same problem and have talked to 2 advisors who have said it needs an engineer but I've had no response. The hub is now even hotter now I've upgraded. Can you please send me a new hub.