cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub required

cp3t3r5
On our wavelength

Hi, I'm on the M250 Broadband package, but my hub is a Hub 2. My broadband download speed is capped at 100Mbps. Please help arrange a replacement Hub. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for speaking with us today @cp3t3r5 

I'm glad we have been able to assist and arrange a delivery for the hub.
All information has been mentioned within our private chat.

Let us know if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes you could do with a new hub but likely your problem is something else are you testing be wire to the hub? does your device connection info show your link speed is 100Mb?  

---------------------------------------------------------------

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Your hub does not limit your speed to 100Mbps, more likely your PC's adapter card or Ethernet cable is imposing a limitation.

If you have a landline VM will upgrade your hub by next year.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

cp3t3r5
On our wavelength

Thanks for your response. I'm doing a Speedtest from my phone, it never goes above 100Mbps, it used to go to 200+.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have a landline too. I could wait for VM to upgrade the hub in time, but the info on the M250 product says a Hub 3 or 4 is neccessary.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s because the SH2 is no longer available.  You should get at least a Hub 3. Nonetheless, the SH2 is still good for 250. 
You need to use a wired test as VM only guarantee a WIFI speed of 30Mb. 
As for the phone, sounds like it’s connecting on the 2.4Ghz band?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Cp3t3r5 👋

Welcome back to the community! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear these concerns about the speeds reaching your hub and devices. If you require a hub upgrade as part of a package change in order to process the broadband speeds we usually arrange this when upgrading. 

You can compare hub specifications here Virgin Media Hub 3, Hub 4 & Hub 5 | Hub Swaps & Upgrades . (Although sadly the hub 2 is no longer included.)

We will need to send you a PM to take a closer look at your speeds and offer support getting a replacement hub sent out if this is needed. I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

cp3t3r5
On our wavelength

Thanks for PMs and other helpful messages. My Hub 2 is old and I’m hopeful it can be replaced.

Hi cp3t3r5, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. With it being a Hub 2, we can certainly get a replacement sent out for you. I can see that you're in a private message with my colleague and they will come back to you as soon as they can. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @cp3t3r5 

I'm glad we have been able to assist and arrange a delivery for the hub.
All information has been mentioned within our private chat.

Let us know if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team