cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Hi Beth49,

Just a quick message to advise you that I have raised an IT ticket for you now. I am sorry we could not generate a new account for you mum or access her old one.

Due to this, we will need to get this investigated for you. 

This process normally takes between 5-7 working days and I have sent you your IT reference number via private message. 

If you need any further help or updates in the meantime, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Beth49,

Just to let you know, our IT department have come back to me and advised they have removed the old email address and that you should be able to register your mums new account with your email address.

Can you give this a go for me please? 

If your having any issues, can you come straight back to me and I'll re-raie with IT.

Thanks Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

I'm in! Thanks so much, The amounts are not what I expected but I guess thats another issue. I will send you a private message about this but maybe I need to speak to another team, I'm not sure?

Beth

You're most welcome Beth49,

Glad to hear you've not managed to register a new online account for you mum. With regards to your account package as we have discussed, please keep me posted that your mum's paper bills do come in the post for future.

If you have any further issues with the account, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi 

I'm having the same issue and it won't let me reset my password

Please can my email be removed so I can create another account

Salma

Hi @sbegum1
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear you're unable to reset your password. Are you having the same issue on the website and the app? Can you let me know what error message you are personally receiving? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I keep getting the same message.  I am also having problems with the internet dropping out.  Virgin Media seems to think I have problems with 10 of my devices.  I tried to log into my account with no joy hence the password reset.  The only problem I seem to have is with my virgin account and router!

billsbluewhale_0-1652641870860.png

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi billsbluewhale, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues, with your service and changing your password.

With changing your password have you tried a different browser and cleared your cache?

With your dropouts I can see from our systems you have not rebooted in over two weeks could you do this and we can re-check your stats?

Keep us posted 🙂
Zoie

+Tried all that you mentioned.  Have now rebooted.  How often should this be done, and can it not be done remotely; say 4 am when no one is up.

Hi billsbluewhale

Thanks for coming back to us. Has the reboot fixed things for you? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill