cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV ‘black screen of death’ when Netflix App starts

Simon8783
Joining in

I’ve read a couple of threads on this now and it seems the only way I can get it resolved is by posting on here !  The solutions seem to be varied. 

So we have had our new Virgin 360 box for 3 months. All installed by Virgin with a new Broadband service. 

Very regularly when we start the Netflix app, the app freezes and then the TV service just crashes with a black screen of death. A reboot of the box just results in the ‘welcome screen’ starting and then that vanishes after about 10 seconds and reverts to a black screen. Calls to customer service result in an engineer being booked as they cannot identify the problem. But annoyingly the fault seems to rectify itself in a few hours so we cancel the engineer (to avoid the charges!). 

But this is now too regular to be just a glitch. 

Any long term solutions would be most welcome. 

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Simon8783 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Netflix app on the Virgin Media TV box you are experiencing.
After speaking with my team, they have advised that a replacement TV box is required to prevent this issue from happening long term as the issue lies with the box.

I will send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs