cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Catch up TV

ayshad
Joining in

Whenever I play a show via the search and catchup tv, the whole show is out of sync. The voice is ahead of the picture and it can be extremely annoying. This happened with the last update. The update before that, had an issue with the syncing of the subtitles where they were behind the picture and sound. This doesn't happen when I watch recordings but I prefer to watch on Catchup as the definition is much clear. Has anyone else noticed this?

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

You could try using a different audio setting to see if that makes any difference.

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output has three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1
PCM 2.0

Hi, thank you for your response.

I have tried both but unfortunately it did not work. It only seems to be happening when searching and playing that way rather than normal TV or recordings

I would try a factory reset of the box to see if it makes any difference,.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.