cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative tv 360 remote for visually impaired / blind people

Sunnyboy1
On our wavelength

Can anyone recommend a remote control that will work with a tv360 box & Samsung TV, suitable for people with sight loss?

The one supplied is dreadful for the visually impaired as the buttons are all small, close together, feel the same or very similar, and flat. The icons on them are tiny. The microphone facility is great but the button for this is indistinct and right next to the record button, so he keeps recording things or getting into a pickle.

I spoke with virgin media today, they are aware that this has been raised before but don't supply an alternative. They think there may be something online if I Google it.

I have seen some chats on here where people have found one then had trouble syncing them.

This infuriates me when virgin could just be more helpful & inclusive & considerate & design with people in mind.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Sunnyboy1 

I'm sorry to say they don't have the voice/speech facility

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Sunnyboy1 

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

I have the OneForAll URC1240 - it does need line of sight to set it up initially. The buttons are raised and more comfortable to use.    To work with the 360 you need to enter the code 1582, It's not as expensive as the 7125 and has 4 selects for tv/sat/amp/dvd. If you want to set it up for any other devices you just press the corresponding 'input' button for that device. 

The URC1240 is available for £12 from << Amazon >>  - Amazon are pretty good with returns/refunds if it isn't suitable.  It's also available from Argos for £12.99 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi thanks for the useful suggestions. I've taken a look & the remotes fo look better to navigate around. The 360 handset has one useful feature - the ability to press the microphone button & speak to it. I can't see this on the remotes you suggested, will they have this facility 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Sunnyboy1 

I'm sorry to say they don't have the voice/speech facility

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Sunnyboy1
On our wavelength

OK thanks for the info