cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Virgin Mobile contract & o2

j_s2
Joining in

When I started a contract for broadband with Virgin, I was offered a free Virgin Mobile contract as part of my deal. I said that I already had a contract with Vodafone, so this was unnecessary. The person at Virgin told me not to worry about it since it was free. Months later, I noticed I had started to be charged by Virgin for Virgin Mobile, in addition to my broadband costs. I spent hours phoning them up on multiple occasions, and more than once was assured that my mobile contract had been cancelled. In one phone call, an operator said they would try to arrange a full refund for over £100 - the amount I had spent on a mobile contract and sim card I had never used. Virgin promised to call back about that but never did. A few months on from this, I noticed I had started being charged by O2. As soon as I realised O2 was now taking money from me, I phoned up and explained the situation; however, I wasn't able to verify security since I didn't know any of the information about the sim card or mobile number (since I'd never used it). When I found the sim card o2 had posted, I phoned up again and the operator I spoke to said he would look into it and hopefully arrange a refund. I still have not heard back from o2. I have cancelled the direct debit that o2 set up without my consent, but now I'm receiving letters threatening to report me to a credit agency. Outrageous! 

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey j_s2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing from a sim card that you had with us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L