cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD - Father has had 2 freestyle handsets taken out 6months ago

JDG1004
Tuning in

Hello

i am trying to get some formal traction on a FRAUD issue raised to you 6 months ago now for my Father Phillip Gumery

my father had 2 contracts taken out without his knowledge for devices that never arrived.

i have made repeated inquiries (latest reference number 60392154971) however still nothing and now he cant even call you as the move to O2 means he has no way of being identified in your systems.

i have the freestyle contract numbers, IMEI of the devices etc if i can get a Personal Message to give these and would appreciate if i can act as a formal advocate for my Father in this matter.

If i could actually get a response would be great on this as ill be discussing this further with citizens advice and the financial ombudsman shortly.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, JDC10004.
Thank you for reaching out on our help forums and for your first posts here, we're glad to have you on board with us.
A warm welcome to the VM community! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues your father has faced with fraud mobile accounts and the poor experience you've explained above, we'd love to see how to best assist with this matter.

In order to try and find information in regard to the accounts in query and help, I will send you a private message here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I spoke to an advisor on web chat and was able to pass security with the freestyle contract numbers. I have been advised that they have been cancelled. I hope this will now be the end of it

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply and for sharing this update on our thread, JGD1004.

We're glad to know it's been all sorted out, we may take a while to complete a fraud process such as this however when done our team is always happy to assist and offer updates. 🙂

Feel free to pop back here if you need more help in the future and have a great day now. 

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs