cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Sales Campaigns email

aaronscott2005
Joining in

Got an email yesterday from email@em.virginmedia.com about ordering a new hub. As a Virgin media.com address I clicked the link and went through to a booking site which did not suspicious at all, and my details were all filled in. Followed to the end and it said an email would be sent confirming the delivery. About 10 mins later got an email from webcampaigns@virginmedia.co.uk which displays as web sales campaigns. This doesn't talk about the hub change, but about a contract upgrade and looks really suspicious. Not sure if virgin use .co.uk addresses or not. Anyone seen this before? Looks like spam to me, is it just a coincidence it came just after the hub email and me doing the booking, or is it all phishing and linked?

Screenshot_20230713-075654.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have checked that email address webcampaigns@virginmedia.co.uk our end and this is a genuine email address from Virgin Media aaronscott2005. 

If you have booked an upgrade of you hub, our team will be in contact with your shortly.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi aaronscott2005,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We've checked the email and it does seem to be a genuine link from ourselves although the link is no longer valid.

Have you checked your junk/spam emails for any further conformation about the hub upgrade?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Nothing in junk.

So the original email with the link to order the new hub was genuine (which is what I thought) and my new hub should be booked.

But, the second email from webcampaigns@virginmedia.co.uk, is that genuine?

Screenshot_20230713-075654~2.png

We have checked that email address webcampaigns@virginmedia.co.uk our end and this is a genuine email address from Virgin Media aaronscott2005. 

If you have booked an upgrade of you hub, our team will be in contact with your shortly.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks

You're most welcome aaronscott2005,

Please keep us posted once you get your new hub.

You can also pop back here if you have any other queries.

Have a lovely evening, Jodi. 

Hi,

had same email and response, plus I get 3-4 calls per day from Virgin sales!!!?

+44 800 052 7551 which is listed as Bogus on Who Called Me? 

⚠️ Our vigilant and trustworthy community has reported that the phone number 08000527551 is primarily associated with scammers. The callers are reported to be pretending to be from Virgin Media, and their primary motive is to get personal information and offer fake deals. The majority of reports suggest that the best course of action is to block the caller

So the email is legit?

Thanks in advance