cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious email

Tourmalet
Tuning in

I've received the email below purportedly from webteam@virginmedia.com. Never had any issues with DD so it's been deleted.

Update Your Payment Details

We regret to inform you that we encountered difficulties processing your payment for your account. To resolve this issue promptly, we kindly ask you to double-check the accuracy of your details.

Please take a moment to log into your account and update your information.

Date: 5th  July

Your payment method will be retried automatically over the next few days.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Key information about our charges and fees

Payment Handling Charge: Your payment is made to Virgin Media Payments Ltd, which is responsible for collecting the amounts payable by you to Virgin Media Ltd. Just so you know, if you don’t pay by Direct Debit, Virgin Media Payments Ltd may charge a payment handling fee.

Late Payment Fee: Please make sure you pay the bill before the payment due date otherwise you may be charged a late payment fee. Please see our    for details on our charges.

Failed Payments: If your payment has been cancelled or is not cleared by your bank or building society we might also need to charge you any bank or building society fees that we are charged as a result. Please see our            for details on our charges.

Help

My Virgin Media

Contact us

Please do not reply to this email

Virgin Media Payments Ltd. Registered Office:      500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU.
Registered in England and Wales No. 6024812.

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Tourmalet 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

This certainly is an odd email to get if you've not had an issue with the payment. Just to be safe I'd recommend checking our security page here to ensure this isn't a phishing mail.

Let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

jojimbo
On our wavelength

I recieved the exact same email, the sender (VM) is legit however, the link to the "change your details and update your card" is NOT. It's a scam so anyone else getting this email beware.

Several other things, the logo doesn't match official logo from the webteam and links at the bottom of the phishing scam lead either nowhere or are not linked. It's actually a very good looking email, the first thing you check is who it's from. webteam@virginmedia.com (this is a legit email)

I pay my bills via DD not a card so it was fishy off the outset.

jojimbo
On our wavelength

Just saw top link, good to know you're onto it VM kudos