cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Brown Box

DPJ
On our wavelength

Good Morning,  I have recently left VM and am now looking at having their equipment removed. In particular the brown box on the outside of my property. Having checked similar threads on the forum advice varies between remove it yourself and throw it in a skip or requesting a VM engineer attends and removes it. I'm quiet happy to remove it myself as I am unlikely to ever return as a customer to VM. The cable that runs beneath my front garden can remain and I could terminate the cable and leave it under the gravel at the side of the house. I believe 2 x 75 Ohm terminators are included in the return packaging that I should receive to send back my hub etc. Any advice gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DPJ,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're no longer with us. We wouldn't be able to remove the omin box (brown box) as doing so can cause issues for potential new residents at the address in future looking to take out our services, however you are welcome to unscrew any internal wiring that may still be inside the property. However we, of course, cannot prevent you from removing the omni-box yourself should you wish to do so.

Kind regards,

Beth