cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install confusion

robertoqueenos
Joining in

Hi

So, I’m attempting to get virgin broadband and stream installed at my house. 
We recently had a leaflet drop in our road saying virgin media was available and so I went online and successfully placed an order and booked and installation date. 
The day before the install date I called virgin as I had not had confirmation of the install. They told me that the services were not available and that they didn’t know when they would be. 
So I cancelled my order.
A few days later my neighbour was having virgin installed!! I had a word with the installation engineer and he said 100% that I could have virgin services at my house. He took my details. 
If I enter my postcode online it says it’s not available, it even says the same if I enter my neighbours address and they already have it installed! 
I’m very confused and frustrated as my sky contract will end very soon and I don’t want to sign up again if I can have virgin Black Friday offers! 
Can anyone help!?

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robertoqueenos 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the confusion caused on this matter 😔

Have you specifically contacted our pre-installation team? The best number to call them on is 0800 052 1734.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

Yes all sorted, external work completed. Very pleased at how it’s turning out now. 
literally half the price sky wanted to charge me for 10x faster broadband