cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect App and Hub3

AJ2023
Joining in

I had a Hub5 but it wouldn’t connect to smart devices. It did however allow me to connect to the Connect App and I could manage my children’s device usage.

I now have a Hub3 which allows me to connect to the Ring doorbell and Amazon Alexa’s but the Virgin Connect App says it can’t find my Hub3? Any ideas? 

I have reset it several times, uninstalled the app and cache, factory reset the hub etc.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Reinstall the VM Connect app on your mobile.   After that you are waiting for the VM back office systems update to the details of the current Hub.  All you can do is try every few days,

Do be aware the Wi-Fi Pausing is useless as a way to keep current laptops and mobiles off the internet. 

For the kids own benefit focus on what is acceptable use of internet. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Reinstall the VM Connect app on your mobile.   After that you are waiting for the VM back office systems update to the details of the current Hub.  All you can do is try every few days,

Do be aware the Wi-Fi Pausing is useless as a way to keep current laptops and mobiles off the internet. 

For the kids own benefit focus on what is acceptable use of internet. 

Thankyou for the reply.

Very frustrating that the Hub3 doesn’t recognise the app. But as per your advice, will keep trying and hope it eventually works.
As for it not recognising newer devices then that just defeats the point of the app. Why publicise a feature if it lacks the capability. 
Very disappointed so far in the whole experience - not just the app debacle but also the fact that they install a Hub5 that doesn’t actually work with smart devices or iPads!! Crazy. And the to not say this when they say install is not ideal!