cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Wi-Fi connection

Genk
On our wavelength

Hi, I found an unknown device connected to our Wi-Fi, does it mean that my network is hacked? I can’t recognise the unknown device’s IP address. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Each time a device changes its MAC address the Hub's DHCP server will give it a new IP address.

The IP lease time on Hub is 24 hours by default, so after 24 hours the disused MACs / IPs should drop off.

If we see a Wi-Fi device that is showing as connected via Ethernet that means it is connected to one of our Wireless Access points that are in turn connected  to the Hub via a cable.

Check in the Hub's Connected Devices menus ( not via the VM Connect app that is not reliable ) to see how things are connected.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

it will be one of your own devices that support MAC Address Randomisation. E.g A laptop or a mobile or their VPNs.

Genk
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply. But that does not match with the amount of our devices. We have 5 devices in total. But the system showed that another device with a different IP address had connected to the Ethernet. Do you mean that one of our devices have 2 different IP addresses?

Client62
Legend

Each time a device changes its MAC address the Hub's DHCP server will give it a new IP address.

The IP lease time on Hub is 24 hours by default, so after 24 hours the disused MACs / IPs should drop off.

If we see a Wi-Fi device that is showing as connected via Ethernet that means it is connected to one of our Wireless Access points that are in turn connected  to the Hub via a cable.

Check in the Hub's Connected Devices menus ( not via the VM Connect app that is not reliable ) to see how things are connected.

Genk
On our wavelength

May I know where I can check the Hub's Connected Devices menus?

Client62
Legend

The Hub's menu is at http://192.168.0.1/  

Login with the Hub password from the bottom side label ( this is NOT the Wi-Fi password ).   

Once in the Hub's menu go to "Connected devices"

Genk
On our wavelength

Many thanks. Cheers!