cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub

Zead
Joining in

Hello, I have a red line/light on my hub and I don’t have WiFi. I have tv. This morning it was a pink ish light and I rebooted it but it stayed pink. Went out and came back a few hours later and now it’s red. I have rebooted a few times, turned it off at the mains, switched the back off a couple of times. It’s not over heated or even that warm. It’s getting annoying now. It’s also quite old. Any ideas? Having to use my phone data and can’t use Amazon echo.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Zead, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Hub looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

This can sometimes be fixed by doing a pinhole reset on your Hub.

Using a paper clip or a pen, press the pinhole marked ‘RESET’ on the back of your Hub for 20 seconds. This will restore the Hub to its default settings. This means if you've changed your WIFI password since getting it installed, it will be switched back to the default settings which you’ll find on the information panel on the bottom of your Hub.

If the red light still appears even after doing a pinhole reset, then it could be an overheating issue.

Please let us know how things are after you've done the pinhole reset and we can help further!

Thanks,

Megan_L