cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss issues on Xbox online

ONLINERYAN
Joining in

Having real trouble playing online on Xbox due to network lag detected keep popping up. Everyone Iv spoke to who is having same issue is also with virgin. One guy had rang up and they have said there is no issues? 

2 REPLIES 2

ThisIsTom
On our wavelength

Received a DM from the ModTeam ~35 minutes ago saying the issues should be resolved. I've been able to test PUBG and some other services and it seems to have resolved the poor experiences I was seeing. Might be worth checking to confirm you're all able to access it now.

Thanks also goes out to CoolNerdDude  for helping raise the issue at Microsoft.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ONLINERYAN.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

I am very sorry to hear about your Xbox being affected by packet loss.

I have just ran a quick test on your hub and everything is looking perfect.

How are you connected to the console? Ethernet would be ideal.

It might also be wise to check the following tips below and lest us know how you get on.

• Reset your router and connection. If the error is at your end, try turning your router on and off, as well as disconnecting your Xbox and reconnecting.
  • Switch to a wired connection rather than Wi-Fi. Wired connections are more stable and generally more reliable than wireless ones. If you're already on a wired connection, move the ethernet cable to a different port on the router, or try a new cable altogether.
  • Check to see if other apps or devices are using the connection. Packet Loss can often be caused by lots of traffic and trying to sustain multiple connections at once. If somebody else in your home is gaming or watching videos online, get them to stop and see if that helps.
  • Check official sources and social media accounts to see if the fault is at the other end. Packet Loss can sometimes be an issue with the server your console is trying to communicate with, rather than the console itself. Check with accounts like Xbox Support or other useful sources to see if they're having problems - if they are, there's not much you'll be able to do about it. Gareth_L