cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre access

allcrcs
Joining in

Hey,

Hopefully someone else has some experience with this and can help out!

I've been waiting for over 2 years for Virgin to install Fibre broadband in my area with no luck. However, very recently I learned that the buildings on either side of me have access to Fibre 1gig products. To clarify, my building houses around 16 flats and my postcode (for some mad reason) only covers my building. We use the same cabinet as the building on the right of us.

After ringing virgin 4/5 times, I've been given answers that range from "we can check if an engineer can connect you via the cables beside you" to "absolutely not your building is unserviced". I'm inclined to belive that the building isn't unserviced, as I said buildings on either side have access and it would be extremely odd to have wires running along our street, missing our building (the last building on the street) and running around the corner to the remaining buildings on our left.

Does anyone know who can help me and what I can say to not be cut off by virgin staff and given the most vague answers to get me off the phone? It's becoming increasingly frustrating having our internet bottom out when more than one person attempts a video call, particularly with two of us working from home. I'm sure more than just us would sign up in our building with 16 flats to target with marketing material. 

1 REPLY 1

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @allcrcs

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🎉
I am so sorry to hear you have not been getting any info on if we are available at your address. I can look into this for you. I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there. Keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,

Zoie