cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Order Pods but I cant order through Virgin Connect

Jackmcd1910
Joining in

Hi All,

I signed up for GIG1 internet and had the router delivered last week, and after having to get a technician out to install a virgin wall socket for us, we have the Hub 5 set up now.

We live in a flat with thick walls and as such the signal from the Hub (in the living room) cuts out after we enter either of the bedrooms down the hall. As as result of this, I have been trying to order a Wifi Pod for 3 days now through the various channels of customer support but everybody tells me I need to prove the speed is below 30Mbps on the Virgin connect app in the rooms that have no signal but of course I cant do that because we get no signal from the Hub at all. 

I have just finished a chat with somebody on the Virgin WhatsApp who told me it is impossible to order these manually but surely there must be a way for a manual order to go through in this circumstance, as there is literally no way of me doing a speedtest in the affected areas?

The speed in the living room/kitchen/hall are all fine sitting around 450mbps but it cuts off instantly when we enter the bedrooms. I really don't want to cancel this as it is the fastest internet we can get in our building but I feel like I'm going round in circles and I can't continue with a broadband deal that only covers half my house.

Please help.

Many Thanks,

Jack

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan4922
Tuning in

I am having the exact same issue. My daughters bedroom has a terrible signal. I managed to order a pod (after spending hours on the phone) that hasn’t solved it. I now need another one. 45 mins on hold to customer services tonight, finally get through to someone. 20 minutes trying to work out what was being asked only to be told. “Give it 24hrs and call back”!!! This has been going on for two months but I’ve kept fobbing my daughter off as I was dreading having to communicate with the customer services! 

Can anyone from VM help??

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You can look into other solutions like a better 3rd party router and some AP

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jackmcd1910, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the pods. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jackmcd1910, thanks for the message. I am glad to see that this is now resolved. - Chris.