cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting

SimonR42
Joining in

Since I upgraded to a new package the 1Gig with a hub 5 in October, I have been having connection issues since the first day. So from the 10th October to to the 28th December I have had 7 engineers come round my house and have had everything changed here a list of it all 

• New 130 m cable from virgin exchange on street to my access point 
  • New access point as mine got lost some how
  • New cable from access point to the  brown box on outside house
  • New brown box on outside house 
  • New cable from box on outside house to my box in side 
  • New box inside 
  • New cable from there to router 
  • Now on my 3rd router - Hub 5 
  • 2 Cat 5 cables 
  • 2 Cat 6 cables
  • 2 Cat 7 cables
  • 2 Cat 8 Cables 

Yet i am still having connection and latency issues this can not be down to the equipment 23-12-23.png27-12-23.png

The BQM chart shows how bad this is and I have 20-30 days like this when i go in the router setting and check it is full for T2 and T3 Timeouts

Im sick of contacting the CS team and being told that all they can do is send another engineer out which they will be again tomorrow on the 29/12 not sure what he is actually going to do though 

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SimonR42

Happy New Year!

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having a lot of trouble with your broadband performance recently. I've had a look on our side and it looks like there's an ongoing outage in your area, this is what is causing you the latency and other connection issues.

The good news is that it's estimated to be resolved by tomorrow. If you do have any further issues from then, please let us know and we'll be happy to take another look into this for you. The fault has been raised under the reference F011133031.

Beth