cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media Van dangerous parking

Lostallhope
Tuning in

There is a Virgin media employee that parks his van near me on the road, who in my opinion and several other residents is a dangerous place. I believe it mostly complies with the highway code E.G 10 meters from a bend; However this is a blind bend and all drivers are forced to overtake the parked van, therefore putting themselves right on the bend on the wrong side of the road, in a dangerous position where a vehicle might be coming the other way and with very little time to react have the potential to cause a head on collision. I have to pass this way twice a day, and many times I have had to do an emergency stop as a unsuspecting car is coming the other way around the bend which I cant see after I have already committed to overtaking the parked van. I believe I know where the person lives and I don't see why they cant park on there own driveway. Or if this is an issue they just need to move there vehicle another 10 meters from the bend. This would dramatically reduce the risk of a accident. I don't wish to confront them myself though. Residents have already complained about this on Facebook when the employee started a post after having there wing mirror knocked off (presumably from a vehicle having to pass too close) There is a clear view of the issue on Google Maps which I would be happy to share if required.

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lostallhope 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm going to pop you a PM 📩 so we can discuss this further. 

Speak to you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Lostallhope 

As discussed, I have passed this on to the Area Field Manager.

If there's any other issues, let me know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your time via PM @Lostallhope 

I trust the feedback from the Area Field Manager is re-assuring and if I can help with anything else, let me know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team