cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed online package upgrade

Nicktaylor44
Tuning in
I've tried to upgrade my package from Volt M500 to Gig1 via the "offers and upgrades" section of My Virgin Media and have completed the order and received confirmation and a contract via email.

However, 10 days have passed and it's not showing in my orders.

I've contacted customer service and apparently the order isn't showing and I was told to do it again which I did today and got two more emails confirming things but again nothing in my ordered.

Can someone in the forum team have a look at my account as this issue seems FAR too common with online upgrades simply failing to go anywhere.

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Emil62
Tuning in

I've started my own thread on this.

Exact same problem. Ordered upgrade, got pre contract documents, accepted everything then got an email confirming the order but with no actual details. I've heard no more and "Track my order" shows nothing.

Pretty shoddy service really.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nicktaylor44 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear there's been no progress with your order. 

I'd love to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM 📩 now to confirm some details and we can take it from there. 

Thanks and speak to you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Whappy67
Joining in

Rather than start a new thread can a member of the team have a look at my account, same as above have renewed for another 18 months & received contract documents but on my account online the system seems stuck @...

Your order's on its way! Sorry!
We’re still processing your last order so can’t accept any more purchases at this time.
We’ll notify you when this has gone through and you can start shopping again.

Thanks In advance

Hi @Whappy67,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As per the Forum rules, you will need to start your own thread and we will pick it up and assist further.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GYB
Tuning in

I have just posted a similar story. I have been a VM customer for several years. I am trying to upgarde from M250 to M500 and having the same issues as you are 😞

Hi GYB,

My situation has now been resolved.

In essence,  the online system will accept your upgrade & Issue pre-contract/order confirmations, but will not proceed until it receives human intervention. As such Ayisha from the Community Team will assist, initially by PM for you to submit your confirmation so that this is registered on your account. Give it a few days then a call to the retentions team is necessary to manually build your new package & place the order.A gentleman called Iziak was veey helpful. If your new price is higher than that on the contract it will be referred to management by email for them to manually place a discount on your account. You will get a follow up call once it is ll resolved. I hope that this has helped. It is necssary to start a new thread to get the ball rolling for each seperate case.

Regards.

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for the update. It has been resolved in exactly the way you described. Not exactly 'slick' operation but got there in the end 🙂 Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

Glad that you are sorted as well. As you say not slick, but gets there in the end.

Regards.

Nick