cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer failed to turn up for appointment

McBrian
Joining in

Hi All.

I arranged an engineers appointment for my aging father in law for Tuesday 27th, the engineer failed to keep this appointment.

Can you please help?

Regards B. 

5 REPLIES 5

McBrian
Joining in

Tuesday 26th 😶

Hi @McBrian 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Really sorry to hear that the engineer did not turn up to the arranged appointment. 
Was this for a fault or was the engineer requested to complete a request such as a rewire, relocation or something else not relating to a fault?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

McBrian
Joining in

Hi Carley.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes it was for a fault, TV reception cuts out sporadically, sometime every few minutes for a few seconds. He has an original Tivo box. I've checked all the connections and rebooted the "dumb" router.

B

Hmm possible an area outage was identified to be causing the issue. If so, then any appointments for a fault that could be caused by the outage is automatically cancelled, but the contacts on the account should have received notification of this. 

Okay, let's check at our side to see what's happened @McBrian . If you've permission to access your father-in-law's account and pass account security we'll be able discuss this further with you over private message. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @McBrian 

Glad we got this all sorted and rescheduled for you and your father-in-law today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley