Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract, 30 day notice

GlynnC
Just joined

According to OFCOM

Companies must tell customers about their best deals

Our new rules mean phone, broadband and pay-TV companies must contact you between 10 and 40 days before your contract comes to an end. These alerts – sent by text, email or letter – must include:

• when your contract ends;
  • the price you’ve been paying until now, and what you’ll pay when your contract is up;
  • any notice period for leaving your provider; and
  • your provider’s best deals, including any prices only available to new customers.
  • details of other contracts that are taken as part of a bundle, including the end dates of any commitment periods for those contracts

I never received an email like this.

They send me one saying my contact was near its need and should renew

My contract comes to and end on the 8th now they want to charge me to the 2nd of next month.

I have taken out a rolling monthly contract with YAYZI for £30, £24 less than Virgin want to charge me.

Based on the fact they never told me in the email, That I need to give them 30 notice I do not want to continue.

and OFCOM says they must,

Do I just cancel my debit order with them. should I get a refund as they have billed me untill the 15th bout my contract end on the 8th

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Some differing use of the word 'contract' in VM's info. When you join VM you are in a permanent ongoing contract until you give VM 30 days notice to cancel. You also have a minimum term to fulfil, usually with a discounted price in the minimum term period.

See below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/information-about-your-virgin-media-contract

Cancelling your direct debit without giving 30 days notice, and going through the appropriate disconnection procedures, invariably backfires on the customer as reported in topics on here. VM continues to bill you on the normal billing cycle right up until the day of disconnection. If VM thinks you owe money, it will start its debt recovery processes which can ultimately end up with VM logging missed payment charges, credit defaults and contact from debt collectors.