cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file amendment - 21 days gone and no reply

JoeDownes
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently found out I had a missed payment on my credit score when speaking to a mortgage advisor. This was from a previous address where I had virgin Internet. 

I'd missed the payment as the reminders had been sent to a previously inactive email address and payments were made from a previously owned joint account. Once I'd shut down my account with virgin I'd assumed I'd made all the necessary payments.

Now I've been informed that I had payments which were missed and that I have marks on my credit score, which could prevent me from being able to take out a mortgage. I rang virgin and was given an email address to contact and was told that if I explained the issue and made the payment it should be able to be removed. After this call I instantly payed the outstanding bill and wrote an email to the address I was provided to explain my situation. I was given an automated response saying they will take 21 days to respond... 

I that time now over 24 days ago I have contacted virgin again by phone, who explained they have nothing to do with the credit file amendments team and can't help, and I've tried emailing the same address again and received no response. I've held of trying to obtain a mortgage in principle but I really need to get this sorted ASAP because it could have a significant impact on my life over a £46 missed payment.

Could someone at virgin please look into this so that it can be resolved and my credit file be amended? 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoeDownes,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙌 I am so sorry to hear the issues you have been having around your credit file amendment. I can certainly look into this for you and will pop you over a PM 😊 Just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,
Zoie