cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged late payment fee for a direct debit

r2d2rigo
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have been charged a late payment fee for my last bill. This has been paid through Direct Debit for a few years now, with payment date on the 6th and I can confirm that the amount was taken from my bank account on the 4th. What gives?

I also requested service cancellation through letter more than a week ago but got no confirmation of any type - is this normal? 

Kind regards. 

4 REPLIES 4

deddog
Tuning in

The same has happened to me, payment was made on time by DD as it has for many years, I have also canceled my service.

I have been refunded part of my last payment, charged a £7.50 late payment fee and the direct debit amount and payment date has altered without my consent.

I have not been able to figure out a way to speak to a person about my bill despite several attempts.

Me neither, phone lines are collapsed and web chat puts me on hold and never messages back. Hoping to get some answers in the forum.

Hello r2d2rigo

We're sorry to hear of the charges added and that you are looking to leave, we appreciate you taking the time to raise your query via the forums.

We don't send confirmation of disconnection to customers, we can understand this is something you're eager to get an update on so I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums.

Rob

You're welcome r2d2rigo, any problems get back to me here and I'll be happy to help.

Have a great Friday and weekend 🙂

Rob