cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing & Contract Complaint

LauraLou2002
Joining in

I could cry and I'm so sick of banging my head against a wall because no one at Virgin can understand me. 18 months ago, I called to get my package lowered and was offered an 18 month contract which included Sky Sports and Movies (even though I said I never used them, this was the deal) at £65pm which was reasonable and I agreed to. Unfortunately, due to my dad being ill and therefore, my mind being elsewhere, I missed the cut off point to change my deal at the end of the 18 month deal and £144 was taken from my bank! I called straight away. No one cared about the reason behind why I'd missed the cut off and was told, point blank, they'd be no backdating of any new deal. They offered a deal at £100pm (ridiculous) and this differed as the call went on. Incorrect information was also provided during the call. £80pm became the best offer, but meant another tie in period of 18 months!! I wanted to raise a complaint to discuss the payment taken and the package, this was back on 22 September 2023. It's now 16 October and no word. I call and no one can put me through or help me and now they're saying they're going to take £166 in October!!!!!!!!! The only reason I didn't change the package in September is being I wanted to talk to someone from the complaints team first. I've cancelled my Direct Debit cause I can't have that sort of money coming out. I made the complaint in plenty of time for the complaints team to call me and they haven't. I want to take this as far as possible because I find this level of service disgusting. With the cost of living problem Virgin aren't helping their customers and are quick to take your money but not help you. It doesn't help that none of the advisors seem to understand me when my English is perfect and I speak very clearly. They just keep on reading the script of signing you up to another package and screwing you over again!!! I want to talk to someone TODAY!

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LauraLou2002,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with us so far and to hear you Dad is in poor health. We know this must be a difficult time for you.

I'm afraid that we don't have the ability to backdate package changes, as much as we'd love to help in this circumstance, however I'll be happy to take a look at your options from this side for you and ensure you're on the best deal. We don't usually assist with package changes from this side, but we are keen to help you.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take some details.

Beth