cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 migration - effect on Oomph bundle price

martjam1867
Tuning in

My 2 Virgin Mobile accounts will be migrating to 02 on 17 October. One of them is linked to my Oomph bundle which costs £111.00 per month.

I have received a letter from Virgin explaining that from the 17 October my 02 contract02 contractI’ll be paying £25.00 per month to 02 for my new contract.  My Virgin Media bill will reduce to £86.00.

The new plan from 02 includes unlimited data which I don’t need.  In fact I don’t need any data at all so therefore I’m planning to cancel this 02 contract on 17 October and get a basic sim  with another network for calls and texts which will cost around £6.00 per month.

This will mean I’m £19.00 per month better off.  I am wondering whether it’s ok to do this and that my Virgin Media bill be unaffected ie it will remain at £86.00 per month. I don’t want to do anything that will adversely affect my Oomph bundle benefits.  I’ve heard that you must be with both Virgin Media and 02 to retain existing discounts.

My other 02 mobile account (wife’s phone but in my name) will be staying with 02 after migration.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

1 REPLY 1

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @martjam1867 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. With the Oomph bundle it did create a saving on your account, since this offer is no longer available and in it's place is the new Volt where you can have a O2 sim and your media combined. The O2 sim can be a data deal that is ideal for your needs. We would advise speaking to our team so that they can tailor a package for you so that you will know the exact costings for your monthly bundle. We can bring you into a private message and take a look at a package for you.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina