cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Fail - BT number was ceased on the 25th of April

johnhp1060
Joining in

Hello Tom,

I have a similar problem - My BT number was ceased on the 25th of April, because I was moving to Virgin and of course Virgin are saying the number cannot be ported because it is no longer live, so I phoned OFCOM and they said that mu BT number is currently in quarantine and Virgin can still PORT it. Can you advise why you wish to contradict OFCOM, I know it may be a little more problematic, but it can be done

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @johnhp1060 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We have split your post to its own thread so we can look into this issue with you individually and without getting lost in another thread.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your number port, we do require a line to be active in order for us to port it across but I would be more than happy to check this for you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello Ashleigh_C

are we still working on this?

Nothing received since Friday.

Regards

John Pilkington

Hi there @johnhp1060 

I have popped across a Private Message with some questions, if you are able to respond to me there I will be happy to look into this with you.