cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

rifleman
Dialled in

Hi  We are on day three without a working home phone and I really do not know where to go. Phoning Virgin we get automated message telling us there is a fault and engineers are working on it. Phone a few hours later and no fault. Get through to an operative who says there is a fault and that I should test the phone every 4 hrs for 24hrs to see if it has been fixed !! I have seen various engineers at our box over the road over the last two days but still no phone. I have called and spoken to five different agents. Two cut me off . Others promise a call back. Still no working phone. Could I ask if a mod could intervene on my behalf and clarify what exactly is happening to fix our landline please. I have a vulnerable elderly Mother that can only contact me on the landline if she is in difficulty. Please Help !!  

16 REPLIES 16

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @rifleman 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I am so sorry that you have been experiencing an issue with your landline. I have taken a look and I cannot see that there is currently an outage in place that could be causing these issues. 

Can you clarify what is happening with the line? Is there a dial tone at all? 

Hi Thanks for answering so quickly. There is no dial tone at all and trying to ring our home number from a mobile just cuts off . As I explained I have called 150 and had a automated message apologising that there was a fault and engineers were working on it. I called this morning and the message said it should be fixed by 4.35. I called again later for an update and did not get this message . I was put through to and agent and was told that it was being attended to. Cheers 

Thank you @rifleman.

Just to check, is the phone connected at a main or extension socket? Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected here? 

Extension BT like socket  Nothing else connected 

Sorry Main BT like socket

Thank you @rifleman 

I can see the teams have raised an outage for you, are you able to let us know how things are looking after 24 hours? 

If the issue still stands I will be more than happy to take a closer look with your via a Private Message. 

Just had a call back  Engineer booked for tomorrow.

That's great to hear and thanks again for letting us know @rifleman 

Please do let us know how the visit goes and we hope this is resolved for you soon!

Your a star  Thank You  I will update as soon as engineers has visited.  Also Kath, who was the  agent I spoke to on the phone this afternoon, was an absolute credit to your company. Thanks again  Derek.