cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with BT 4600 cordless phone on Hub 5

Warren100
Joining in

Hi all, 

Just had an install today and we are having an issue with mums BT 4600 in that when it's plugged into the hub and you lift of the charger it seems to power down and only will come on when you put it back on the charger. Also if I press the call button when on the charger it gets a dial tone then powers of and back on again. I've pull in an old wired phone and that works fine. The phone has worked all day until  we had the installation. Any advice would be appreciated as mum needs the phone with big buttons and knows how to use it 

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Warren100,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your landline handset. To clarify, you're having a power related issue with a landline handset, but when you try a different landline handset you're not experiencing any issues at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. Thanks for the response. It would appear that today the batteries has decided to pack in at the exact time the install happened. There was only enough power to switch on but as soon as I went to make a call it died. After being on charge for a while it does connect but then go again and now the phone is saying low battery. So just new batteries needed. 

Thanks 

Hi @Warren100,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you've been able to narrow down and identify the issue being related to the batteries.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!