cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my details removed from the BT phonebook?

Skipper528
Joining in

Having been a VM customer for many years, and believing that we were ex-directory,  I was shocked (and very annoyed) to discover that we're in the latest BT phonebook.

No doubt this is why we've started to get cold calls, despite being registered for the Telephone Preference Service.

Can someone at VM help us to remove our details and ensure that we don't have this issue happen again in future?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Skipper528 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the phonebook - don't worry we can help with this! 

Once your details are confirmed and updated on our systems it can take up to 5 days for the changes to take effect, but if the most recent phone book has already been published, they may still appear in that copy now you have requested to now become ex-directory. However, it will be updated for the next one and local phone books are typically published once every 12 months.

I will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can get this updated for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can then return to this public thread again when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly