cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switch

Anne9
Tuning in

I’m due to switch over to fibre end June. I can move my phone to where the hub is but am not able to move my telephone line cord as it is ‘trapped’ under the floor. Any ideas if or where I can get a replacement cord? It’s an old phone which Philips don’t make anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anne9,

That looks like a RJ11 to me. If you search for something like "landline cable" on Amazon, for example, you'll see a bunch listed there with images of the connectors at each end of the cable. You can then match then up with what you've got there and buy the one you need.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anne9,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Would you mind clarifying what cord it is that you're referring to? When you perform the switchover your phone will no longer connect via the wall socket but via the router using an adapter.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. It’s the telephone cable that I have to unplug from the wall and then plug into the adapter.

Hi @Anne9,

Thank you for confirming, so you need a replacement phone cord as the current one is underneath the flooring, correct?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Yes that is exactly Zach.

Hi @Anne9,

Thank you for clarifying. I'm afraid we don't offer replacement telephone cables (also known as RJ11 cables), so I'd advise arranging a replacement for yourself one you can before the switchover is complete.

You should be able to get one fairly easily online, but keep us posted either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi Zack. You couldn’t advise me exactly what I need and where from can you? I’m really ignorant about all technology and I have looked online but am confused as to what it is I need to buy.

Regards

Anne

Hi @Anne9,

From what you've explained, all you should need is a RJ11 cable. If you find that online you can purchase it from wherever stocks that.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

There just seems to be different RJ11 cables? I found on Amazon for £3.99 -

ADSL RJ11 high speed internet cable for BT,Internet, Broadband,Modem Router and Landline telephone wire.

Do you think that is OK (bearing in mind it’s a Philips not a BT phone)?

L

Hi @Anne9,

Would you mind taking a photo of the cable that you're referring to in your home that you're looking to get a replacement of?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team