cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone out of order - can't speak to anyone from VirginMedia

Timothy123
Joining in

Please can someone help me? My landline isn't working, no dial tone, can't make or receive calls (callers get an engaged tone). I think it's been off for a few days but have only noticed today as I haven't used the phone recently. We've had quite a bit of cable digging-up in our street/area recently and I'm naturally wondering whether that's caused the problem.

I haven't got a smartphone. I tried calling VirginMedia from my neighbour's house but couldn't speak to a person as apparently I can't remember my "memorable word" from when the account was set up over 20 years ago (have never needed it since).

Internet is apparently working normally, it's only a landline problem.

I tried logging in to my MyVirginMedia account but can't see a way, in that, to report a phone out of order (found this very surprising indeed!). The nearest I could manage was a "complaint," which I have now raised, but it isn't really quite what I wanted to do, just wanted to report a phone out of order. The email acknoweldgement of the complaint, mentioning that you may take 28 days to resolve it, was not exactly reassuring. This all seems to be TERRIBLY difficult!

Please can someone help as quickly as possible? Thanks in advance.

Timothy123

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Timothy123, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the landline services, with work in the area taking place.

Please check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll work to have this resolved, whilst also taking ownership of the raised complaint.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Timothy123, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the landline services, with work in the area taking place.

Please check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll work to have this resolved, whilst also taking ownership of the raised complaint.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you very much, David. I've replied to the private message you kindly sent me, answering the questions you asked me there, and look forward to hearing more.

(I don't actually _know_ that work in the area is the cause of the problem, here, but it seems a likely suspect, as a neighbour recently had a very similar problem with BT.)

Kind regards,

Timothy123