cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charge

pcdoc69
Joining in

Hi all, I'm a new virgin customer. I took the M250 & landline, volt package. Although I'll be moving to the mega package on 30th Nov which includes Anytime Chatter.

My question is, on my initial bill it shows a call cost of 48p, not a bank breaking amount I know, but I've only used the virgin line for calling 150, because my phone & broadband is still active on Sky.

I've plugged the phone into the hub called 150 3 times I believe, each time reconnecting back to Sky. I'm just a bit bemused as to where the charge came from. 

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pcdoc69 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've seen an unexpected charge on your bill. There can be various reasons for a call charge being applied to your monthly bill. In a lot of cases, this is usually as a call you have made has fallen outside of your call allowance, for example, if you're on a Weekend Chatter package, and a call is made at any time during the week, then you will be charged.

All calls to 150 are not chargeable and are automatically removed from your call usage.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide details on the specific number called for charges less than 50p without a Court Order. However, you can check your most recent bill, and you'll be given the option to view an itemised breakdown, which will give you some more information on the call, such as the local region that was called, or whether it was International, etc.

Please let us know if something doesn't look right on this breakdown, and we'll do our best to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece thanks for the reply.

This it what threw me, because I have to plug my phone into the hub to use my Virgin landline. I know at the moment I only have anytime weekend chatter, so I only use virgin to call 150. I still have my Sky phone line which has anytime calls included. So until 30th Nov when I get Anytime Chatter my virgin line isn't used except to call virgin on 150.

I have done a screenshot which I will included for you.

This is what I am seeingThis is what I am seeing

Regards

Pcdoc69

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pcdoc69 👋

Thanks for providing an update on this. As mentioned, we can't check the numbers you have called directly, but we can provide you with as much information as possible. I'm going to send you a private message, to gather some further details, please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pcdoc69 👋

Thanks for your quick responses to my private messages. I'm glad we've been able to clear things up in regard to your Landline Call Charges. As mentioned to you privately, if you do need anything else, please don't hesitate to make a new post in the relevant section and our team/community will be more than happy to help.

Have a great evening,

Reece - Forum Team