cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebMail Password now unrecognised

IainCameron
Joining in

Morning all,

I've had a virgin.net email address for 20+yrs, but I'm not a Virgin Media customer.  Yesterday, I tried repeatedly to access my emails via webmail  (using https://mail2.virginmedia.com), and was told that my password was incorrect, despite the fact that it hasn't been changed by me, and it was working fine the day before.

I've tried to go through the Password Reset procedure:  I get through the date of birth and security question ok, but whatever new password I try to select, I'm told: 'Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one'.

I have tried dozens of passwords, including in the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format, but nothing works, so I suspect there's something more fundamental going on.

Any ideas?  Even if I could find a phone number to call, I don't have my account number as I'd need to log-in to see it (useful, I know).

Many thanks, IainC

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IainC,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're unable to access your emails.

We do require you to have an active Virgin broadband account in order to use the free email service. Sadly if you're no longer a Virgin customer then you would be unable to use the email. 

When disconnecting a customer would have 90 days to get things in order before the email address is then removed.

I can pop you over a private message to get a few more details from you, but I do need to set the expectation that it's most likely not something we can resolve.

Alex_Rm