cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia email account still asking for password

Mjp1044
Joining in

Hi,

My virginmedia email account keeps popping up asking for password. Every time I enter it it still pops up saying enter password. 

I have a mobile account with virgin and have been switched to O2. I can not log on to my virgin media account as it keeps saying email not recognised. This is getting to be an issue as I am missing a lot of very important emails.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MJP1044, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

Please remember you need an active Virgin Media account to use the email services.

However if this password box is only coming up via your phone please can you try and sign in directly from our website, I would use Chrome in private mode if possible.

Once you are in change your password from there. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I can not access my virgin mobile/media account as it doesn't recognise my account. I am with O2 and do not have virgin media. 

Can you suggest a solution please?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mjp1044 👋

Thanks for providing further details on this. Just for clarity, is this a Virgin Media Email such as Virgin.NET, BlueYonder, Telewest or Virgin Media?

Have you previously had a Virgin Media service in the past? If you generated the email this way, then please be aware that our email services require an active Virgin Media Broadband service to be active for the email to remain active. Emails are usually automatically disabled/deleted after 90 days of disconnection, but sometimes they can become orphaned (more on this, here).

Do you see any errors when attempting to use the password? Are you using any 3rd-Party apps to access the email, such as iOS Mail or Outlook?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ