cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to email - code DEF01

donovana
Joining in

Hi Virginmedia

I have lost access to my virgin email today since about 9.15am UK time. When I tried to login I was given a page to say the account is locked and I needed to reset the password via the virginmedia.com account. I followed the instructions which made me change the email address to a non-virgin account. I did this and received a confirmation link and clicked it, which was accepted. However I could then not login to the virginmedia.com account or email. When I click the change password link and enter the new email address I get and error code DEF01.

I have had this account for 20+ years since it was a dialup account. I do not have virgin broadband or mobile.  I have never received any communication to say the email account is ending. 

I called the help phone number and the person could not help me, he gave his name as Jibroan. He gave me another phone number which turned out to be TalkTalk number! I will make a separate complaint about that.

I have tried other devices and browsers but get the same problem. Please can you look into this urgently as I need access to my email. I have several important legal emails I need to get and this will have severe financial implications if I do not get access. Please suggest or message me privately.

This is a similar post I found, so if this was resolved maybe that can help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Lost-access-to-emails-showing-error-Code-DEF01/m-p/551465...

2 REPLIES 2

donovana
Joining in

Just to add my account was ending @virgin.net 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @donovana,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing an email address/account. If it's no longer linked to an account with an active broadband service then it's possible that it's in the process of being removed and deleted if it's not already. 

We detail within the terms and conditions that if there's no longer an active broadband service then the email account will be removed, typically 90 days after though in some instances it can take a little longer to be detected in a routine scan.

However, so we can check over things and see if there's anything we can do, I'm going to send you a private message. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!