cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked

Plashet30
Tuning in

I have two email accounts one in my name (primary) and the other my partners which has now been locked. I have followed the instructions to try and resolve this which have not worked and spoken to 3 Virgin media members each telling me different options which also have not resolved the problem. Has anyone any ideas what I can do please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Plashet30 wrote:

Has anyone any ideas what I can do please?

I am sure that members of this forum will be able to come up with constructive and helpful ideas but I'm afraid we do need to have a few more clues about the context.

It would be really useful to know:

1) how you and your partner access these email accounts.

Do you access them directly from the Virgin Media website using the VM webmail service or via third party (non VM) software  such as Microsoft's Outlook or Mail app.

2) exactly what the situation is now?

For example, what error message do you and your partner get when you try to access these email accounts.

3) what steps you have already taken to try to resolve the problem?

Remember we don't know what advice you have already been given but which did not work.

4) Finally, it would also be great if you could confirm that you have a VM broadband account and that these 2 email accounts are linked to it.

Post back with those details and I am sure you will get some useful responses.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Plashet30 wrote:

Has anyone any ideas what I can do please?

I am sure that members of this forum will be able to come up with constructive and helpful ideas but I'm afraid we do need to have a few more clues about the context.

It would be really useful to know:

1) how you and your partner access these email accounts.

Do you access them directly from the Virgin Media website using the VM webmail service or via third party (non VM) software  such as Microsoft's Outlook or Mail app.

2) exactly what the situation is now?

For example, what error message do you and your partner get when you try to access these email accounts.

3) what steps you have already taken to try to resolve the problem?

Remember we don't know what advice you have already been given but which did not work.

4) Finally, it would also be great if you could confirm that you have a VM broadband account and that these 2 email accounts are linked to it.

Post back with those details and I am sure you will get some useful responses.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi, thank you for your reply, being a non-techi I’ll do my best to give what info I can.

Firstly I think we use the Microsoft Mail app for our iPads and mobile phones, and we do have a VM broadband account with our email addresses.
This all started when our secondary email account was locked due to suspicious activity according to an email from VM which was incorrect. I was told by one advisor that I am not the only person to have received this message.

The email gave instructions for me to generate a new app password so that my account would be accessible, which I did. However I still cannot access my partners email account and it is still locked. Several VM advisors have told me that they have reset my partners password to unlock the account but after 24 hours her email still does not work.

As I say, I am not tech-savvy so this is causing a bit of stress as we both need our email accounts for medical reasons.

Hope this helps and thanks for your reply.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Plashet30 wrote:

Several VM advisors have told me that they have reset my partners password to unlock the account but after 24 hours her email still does not work.

The thing is you can reset your partner's password and set up a mail app password yourself.

You just got through exactly the same steps that you did for your own email account.

1. Sign into the My Virgin Media account for your partner's email account - so use their email address and password instead of you own when you sign into the VM website.
  2. Assign a non VM email account as the sign in address for their email account. (I assume you had to do that for your own account but this time you will have to use a different account from the one you used for your account.)
  3. Then go through the verification process as for your account.

I hope that helps a bit.

Coenoby

Thank you Coenby and apologies for the delay in replying. I will try this and see what happens. I have already altered the sign in address via gmail but for some reason I still cannot access the account. VM have been less than helpful!

Plashet30
Tuning in

Problem finally sorted by a gentleman named Franco at VM, who was able to resolve a security issue.