cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Email Name between VM Mail and Mailbox App password Management Preventing Outlook Setup??

KPF
Tuning in

Different Email Name between VM Mail and Mailbox App password Management Preventing Outlook Setup??

I am having a very frustrating time being unable to access my emails through Outlook on PC and on iPhone since the recent VM email problems.

I have looked on the instructions on the setup on the VM website and it seems to be the case that in order to access mails through Outlook and/or iPhone you now need go into your account to the “Mailbox App password management” section and the Virgin system will generate a new (and different password) to the one that is used to access webmail. This never used to be the case. Every time I try and generate a password it errors with “Oops, looks like something went wrong…” error message.

What I have noticed though is my email address is different between the email access section and the “Mailbox App password management” section, so my email name is (for example) JOE.BLOGGS@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK but in the Mailbox App password management section it is JOEBLOGGS@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK {note the missing dot}. There is no way to change this.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so how can I rectify it?

If anyone from Virgin IT Helpdesk is reading please help, I am at the end of my tether and am now seriously considering leaving Virgin after many years – proof of which is that I still have a Blueyonder email!!

BTW I administer four other email accounts through my VM account and I have not had to do this as they are still working.

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey KPF,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L