cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does my Hub 3 keep going to slower download speeds???

subseauk
Tuning in

Hi, I have the Hub 3 with the speed normally running at 350 and it runs fine for a few weeks then the speed drops to 95. It is at this point I have to power down and restart the Hub and it goes back to around 350!!!!!

Why does it keep doing this? I have had replacement hubs in the past but the problem still returns!!!

Any thoughts as Virgin's support is useless!!!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcanthony
Tuning in

Hello Subseauk, I believe as you are getting around 350mb/s you should be on a Hub 4 or 5. 

You could could call Virgin and ask for a Hub 4 or 5, as they will be able to handle the speed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Marcanthony
Tuning in

Hello Subseauk, I believe as you are getting around 350mb/s you should be on a Hub 4 or 5. 

You could could call Virgin and ask for a Hub 4 or 5, as they will be able to handle the speed.

thanks I will try that but won't hold my breath LoL

subseauk
Tuning in

After powering down the Hub 3,  I ran another Speediest and it now shows 382 which is actually slightly over what I was expecting!  Go figure!  Now just have to get hold of a Human at Virgin!!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @subseauk 

The hub 3 is perfecly fine for speeds up to M600.  Vm won't change you to to a hub 4 or hub 5 unless you upgrade to Gig1 speed which the hub 3 isn't capable of providing.

Are your speeds measured wirelessly or via ethernet cable?  VM don't guarantee wireless speeds as there are to many variables that can affect the performance.

If your speed is dropping using a wired connection to a computer then try a different ethernet cable as cables can deteriorate. also worth trying a different ethernet port.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali