cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No surround sound control from remote since the last update

Jimbojambojumbo
Joining in

Since the last update my 360 remote no longer controls my surround sound volume 

I can go I to settings of 360 box and set it up and when it’s tests it ,it does control my amplifier volume but as soon as I leave the settings page it no longer works I believe this is a problem with the software I have tried rebooting the box but do not want to do a factory reset as I will lose all my recordings and series links 

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jimbojambojumbo wrote:

Since the last update my 360 remote no longer controls my surround sound volume 

I can go I to settings of 360 box and set it up and when it’s tests it ,it does control my amplifier volume but as soon as I leave the settings page it no longer works I believe this is a problem with the software I have tried rebooting the box but do not want to do a factory reset as I will lose all my recordings and series links 

You won't lose your recordings or planned recordings if you select the Keep Recordings options.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali