cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media has been removed as your payment method for Netflix; Netflix started charging me

Scott68
Joining in

Today I received two emails:

One from streamingservices@virginmedia.co.uk informing me that Virgin Media has been removed as your payment method for Netflix.

Second one from info@account.netflix.com informing me that they have updated my account with new billing info and are now charging me £10.99 per month.

I called Virgin Media who confirmed my Netflix subscription is still included in my package and valid until December 2023.

So I called Netflix support - they told me that the partner payment from Virgin had ended and that I should call Virgin Media to get the contract updated.

I called Virgin Media again, suggested I go to Settings in Netflix app on my TV and change payment plan to Virgin.  Could not find such a setting, so suggested I call Netflix again.

Netflix asked me to check on Virgin Media app for the 'Restore Netflix' button - but this does not exist.

Called Virgin Media again, second line support checked with customer services that they have not sent me such an email.  I explained if that is the case, then how come Netflix have started charging me and have notification that partner payment has ended - ?

I am now stuck!

1. Is the email address real and belonging to Virgin Media?

2. How did Netflix get notification that my partner payment from Virgin has ended?

3. Can I cancel the membership with Netflix without cancelling the service via the Virgin Media plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Martin, I received the re-activation email, actioned successfully.  i also got confirmation from Netflix that the payment is from VM again.  So issue is now resolved, just waiting for Netflix to refund the £10.99 they took as payment on the day it was cancelled.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scott68,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the confusion with your Netflix payments. 

Can you access your Virgin Media Online account and look for the Activate Netflix button?

^Martin

Thanks Martin, I received the re-activation email, actioned successfully.  i also got confirmation from Netflix that the payment is from VM again.  So issue is now resolved, just waiting for Netflix to refund the £10.99 they took as payment on the day it was cancelled.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scott68,

Thanks for your update - it's great to hear you've received the email and been able to re-activate your Netflix account. If you do need anything else, please feel free to reach out and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

The exact same thing has happened to me.  I contacted VM a couple of days ago and I was promised it would be sorted.  I have now had a payment taken from my credit card by Netflix and my billing is still showing as via my credit card on my Netflix account.  
Please help. 

Ive got the link now and resigned up via VM. Thanks

Hi MarkJ101,

Thanks for letting us know. Pleased to hear you got it sorted 🙂

Give us a shout if you need anything.

Beth

The same thing has happened to me recently too can you help please. Getting nowhere with calling. 

Hi @Tori87 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issues with Netflix. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. Since posting have you received an activation email from our team? Also are you able to see an activation button in your my VM account? https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Haycockd
Joining in

Same thing has happened to me, can someone please help