cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird distribution cable

oldshoe_
Joining in

Hello all, I just moved to a new home and carried over my Virgin connection. From the outside of the house I can see the distribution cable running from a mast, over my roof and into the wall. However,  the end of the cable looks nothing like a coax termination, it's just the bare core; this means I can't plug it in the inner receptacle of the VM wall box. I called support and they're sending a technician, but can someone confirm why would the termination look like that or if perhaps I'm misunderstanding something? Thanks.

2024-02-2817.43.102792408046304370182.jpg

2024-02-2817.43.578570041488035417797.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That cable looks like standard Freeview aerial coax. Virgin coax cables come in from underground. It may be that a previous occupant has reused Virgins outlet for their TV aerial connection. If you cannot find any other connection ring the pre-install team as you need a manned install. Their number is 0800 052 1734.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That cable looks like standard Freeview aerial coax. Virgin coax cables come in from underground. It may be that a previous occupant has reused Virgins outlet for their TV aerial connection. If you cannot find any other connection ring the pre-install team as you need a manned install. Their number is 0800 052 1734.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

The second photo appears to be a plastic case for wall mounting containing a CATV isolation device as shown below.

The VM TV or internet service would pass through this before connecting to the customers VM equipment.

Client62_1-1709149162832.png