cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin incorrectly installed box on my property

gruntage
Joining in

A couple of days ago my neighbour had a virgin box installed. The issue is after the engineers left she came round to my house to apologise that they had installed it on my property instead (terraced house). She was not there for the installation and upon returning home discovered it was instead put on my wall. I have a very large storage box out the front of my property which clearly identifies it as mine as it separates the gap between our houses, but the engineers have moved this to install the box.

I have called virgin to complain and insist that this is removed immediately, to which I've been informed an engineer will be in touch with my neighbour as soon as they can to remove it. Although I doubt the speed and urgency they will take with this, I have more concern about the damage done ILLEGALLY to my property. Looking through the forum it seems this isn't an isolated event.

I am expecting the box removed, and the damage repaired so that my property is returned back to the state it was on prior. This means more than just filling the holes, and will most likely require a larger piece of work to ensure the wall is uniform and not left with a glaring patch covering their illegal damage.

Depending on how quickly they can resolve this, I may seek further compensation for the stress and time it's taken for me to resolve this.

Does anyone have any experience of this and resolutions?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up a few pics of the installation issues and the damage that needs repairing and a VM person will take a look here in a day or so.

For background info, has your property got (or had in the past) a VM connection?  If so you or a previous owner will have agreed a "wayleave" agreement that allows VM to install their equipment on your property (albeit not with damage !).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

expect a lot of huffing and puffing and little else - they will do their best to ignore you and hope you go away - as for compensation that would pretty much be a 1st

you could remove everything and employ someone to sort out the holes etc and send them the bill - again thats likely to be ignored and you would then end up in the small claims court

i use an expression

expect nothing and you wont be disappointed - i think that will apply here

Tony.
Sacked VIP

As per Tony. If there is no real progress within a reasonable timeframe I'd rip it out and reinstall it at Griffin House
161 Hammersmith Road
Hammersmith
London
W6 8BS

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gruntage 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issue of the box being placed on the wrong property.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill