Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub3: Issues accessing multiple websites and services

For about a few months I've had issues accessing basic websites such as Amazon Prime Video, and payment systems on multiple companies such as Crocs, Lakeland, and Air France. As well as accessing services like Steam, Discord voice chat, and Epic Game...

No compensation following service disruption

Where would I complain about virgin? Had no internet since last year or very little at times and was promised to receive compensation and nothing they are now saying it wasn’t said and are making it impossible to end my contract 

Sharni1 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 Downstream Channel check please.

Hi,Can any of the lovely Mods please run a check on the line serving my Hub 5, thanks.  About 50% of the channels have a very excessive number of PreRS errors which continually build up to 1000's of millions.  I have power cycled the Hub, and run it ...

Adduxi by Very Insightful Person
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Third Party Router dropping off

I have been setting up my VMhub4 into modem mode, and connects it to a my computer & POE switch to power my TP LINK POE deco . As I have a large house, wireless mesh & VMpods isn’t an option for me.however, the connection from the my computer and dec...

Th24668 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! All connectivity lost to Hub3

Hi,Some time ago I had the hub 3 replaced due to problems, and I noted the PSU was not replaced. It's been fine since. However in the last week, I have experienced slow downs, with loss of internet to my wired machine at random after switching on. I ...

Data by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! eero 6+ Cannot Connect to Internet During Set Up

Hi there,I just bought an eero 6+ 3 pack and I cannot get through the intitial set up, as the router is preventing the device from connecting to interent.All steps for set up are fine, until I get to the connection side where the Hub 4 is required. I...

markm1 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download speed less than 1mbps

Hi. Over the last 2 days my download speed has gone down to under 1mbps. Upload speed is fine. I've tried rebooting the router several times, checked cables, reset factory settings, booted off all connected devices and there's no change. Can somebody...