Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Need a booster pod

Hello,  And engineer installed virgin media spot at the bottom floor and the Internet doesn't reach any of the top floors, conservatory or garden. He said he's going to order 2 for us but they never arrived.

Need to move router

Hello,Due to some house remodelling our Virgin Media router needs to be moved from downstairs to upstairs. I have read some forum posts where the moderators replied to similar requests by sending a private message to the customer.Could you please get...

abowens by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install complete - No service

I’ve worked in the telecoms sector for 10 years, started as an apprentice with Openreach, I’ve worked on Copper/FTTP/Ethernet and lead major programmes, so I like to think I know my stuff lol. So I had my install today 25/10/23, technician completed ...

Lazer92 by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media Hub 5x

Does anyone know how I can upgrade to the hub 5x?I pay for the highest speed and yet I only have the Hub 4, whilst others with get the hub 5x?Is it worth me cancelling my subscription and re-joining as a new customer to get this?

Resolved! virgin media connect app

Hub 3; Google Pixel 3; .ntlworld email address; various pcs and other equipment.1. My Virgin Media has forgotten my password.2. Can't change password without changing to a non ntlword address.How can VM just assume that an email customer also has ano...

jaberwok by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

V6 - hub 5

Has anyone found a solution to the connection issue between hub 5 and v6.  My v6 was working on 2nd and  floor but not ground floor right next to hub 5.  We have a vm booster plugged into wall also. When trying to connect to network it stops at loadi...

PATHETIC customer service

We've had Virgin broadband for just over 2 weeks on the M250 Fibre Broadband package.  Our wifi drops and resets between 10 - 20 times per day.  We have phoned the call centre and they have told us that we will need to pay for a technician to come ou...

AdrianN by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No account number

I received a welcome email with my contracts and information, but the space for my account number was left blank. My broadband should have gotten delivered a week ago, but when I tried calling to find out what the delay was about, I need to give my a...

Not connecting

Hi allI'm getting connected no internet intermittently on several devices since joining virgin,5days ago. On the Manhattan tv box had wrong address, altered and they work fine for maybe 24hrs then back to the start. My Humax box is connected by ether...

Coomsey by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos