cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive Hub won't connect to Internet

davem641
On our wavelength

We had a Virgin broadband outage for most of Saturday, and since then the Hive hub wont connect to the Internet. We get a constantly flashing green light, which means it's trying to get an Internet connection.

Our internet connection is working though, generally 40mbs - yes it's slow but is quite normal for us.

I tried resetting the hub, via a paperclip, but this didnt make the Hive hub connect.

I have Virgin Hub3 in modem mode, connected to a TP-Link wireless mesh via an ethernet cable. The TP-Link network sees the Hive Hub.

Any ideas what Virgin changed during the broadband outage?

49 REPLIES 49

Hi davem641,

Whilst the hub is in modem mode we'd be unable to go through any diagnostics. If you're able to change this over if you'd like us to take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

davem641
On our wavelength

Thanks Alex

Yes this would be helpful, to work out where the fault lies.

I cant change it over yet but will tell you when I can.

Many thanks

Dave

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Please do let us know once the change has been made and we can look in to this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I can switch the Hub back into normal mode next week - Tues 9th, Wed 10th, Thurs 11th are the best days. Would you be able to run diagnostic tests on those days?

I want to know why the Hive Hub box doesnt connect anymore to the Internet, since late April.

And I want to narrow down the problem - is the Virgin Hub3 at fault or the Hive Hub?  I dont want to buy another Hive Hub is it isn't the fault.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

That would be great, thank you. Please update the thread once you have done this and our team can run the tests.

Without running the equipment checks, it would be hard to confirm what is causing the issue but we will do all we can to get to the bottom of it. 

Thank you, 

Nat

davem641
On our wavelength

Thanks natalie

I've done it now - have reset the Virgin Hub 3 back to normal mode.

Thanks

Dave

davem641
On our wavelength

Did you run the tests?

Thanks

Hi @davem641

Apologies for the delayed response here. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any issues currently. How are things for you today? Any better?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

davem641
On our wavelength

Hi Zac

As I explained before, I am trying to find out why the Hive Hub box doesnt connect anymore to the Internet, since late April. Is it a problem with the Virgin Hub3 or the Hive Hub? Can you run diagnostics on our Virgin broadband connection and Hub3?

davem641
On our wavelength

Are you saying that there are no known issues in my local area? Can you run diagnostic tests on my Hub3?