cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load HUB 4 settings via '192.168.0.1', page is unresponsive on all devices.

HarryBarnard17
Joining in

Hi,

We have been experiencing slow speeds for our Hub 4 wi-fi, supposedly on the 1GB package. We are seeing speeds of about 150-200mbps.

Regardless of this, I thought the slowness could have been caused by some hub settings, so I did a factory reset (3 times now, firstly via settings page, and then twice using the reset pin on the hub itself), and I am now unable to load the hub settings page post-login. It times out and says the page is unresponsive. Due to this I now cannot change my SSID or passwords, or split out the networks into 2G and 5G channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Another bites the dust ! 

If the menu is not working, press RESET for 60 seconds,
then leave the Hub 4 powered on to revert to the shipping condition.

If after a 60 second reset the Hub Menu is still not working request a replacement hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

Another bites the dust ! 

If the menu is not working, press RESET for 60 seconds,
then leave the Hub 4 powered on to revert to the shipping condition.

If after a 60 second reset the Hub Menu is still not working request a replacement hub.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HarryBarnard17 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided by @Client62? If so, what was the outcome?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi there, tried the hard reset via the pin at the back of the router. No luck, will arrange a replacement one.

Hi @HarryBarnard17 👋.

Thanks for the update, would you be ok to coming into a private message so we can look into this for you? Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Exactly same issue for me. tried the hard reset via the pin at the back of the router. No luck. Tried hard reset through app as well and VM connect app just constantly drops connection! So frustrating.

Hi @wdvm thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your hub's settings.  We've checked our systems and it looks like you're receiving the appropriate help.  Please can you advise if this is the case?

Regards

Lee_R

Yes got sorted and hub 4 was replaced with hub 5, working great now.

Engineer told me that when you cant get into the router settings (Gui) it is a refurbished hub 4 and that it is a known error.

nigelskilton
Joining in

Hi all I have this same problem. trying to change setting on my gun for SSID but blank white screen on all devices. 

no change after any reset. 

Hi nigelskilton

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you're having the same issue when trying to access your Hub settings. Welcome back to the forums!

I've dropped you a PM so I can help arrange for a new one to be sent out to you.

Beth