cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal price

EM80
Joining in

Hi, my contract expired years ago and I've been paying a high price for years (my own fault) I've tried to change my deal now and the renewal price is much higher than other people I know who have also got a better package. I've tried a few times and they can't discount it any more. Is there a reason people get a lower price? Is it based on area? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have been with VM for a long time and have not renewed, or left, then VM will assume you are not likely to move in the future so will not offer you much by way of a deal.

Read some suggestions below from Andrew-G on the business of renewing

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-oh-why-does-loyalty-get-punishe...

and start doing some research on alternatives to VM in your area. Only when you have that info to hand can you see if anything VM comes up with is a good offer or not and you will be in a stronger position to negotiate.

Your final option is to give 30 days notice and leave. You might get a call back from VM retentions but that is not guaranteed and you should have marketing options on in My Virgin Media to permit the call.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, EM80.
Thank you so much for joining our help forums and for posting here, a welcome to the VM community from us! 🙂

We're sorry to see your confusion in regard to our deals and prices being different for our customers, this can be explained as below:

As with all providers, we create introductory offers to new customers. At the start of all of our customer’s time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires, we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - our loyal customers have further discounts attached to the account depending on how long they've been with us and previous contracts.

Lastly, we do run some short-term promo offers online which customers can benefit from and reduce their price - those offers change often which effectively causes a price change.

If you would like to discuss your package and the options then you may call 150 from a Virgin Media Landline (or 03454541111 from any other phone), as we do not support package changes over this forum.

We're eager to advise more so please let us know if the above help and if you have more questions or concerns.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MKH99
Joining in

Virgin media do not care about keeping their existing customers been with them since the days of NTL and yet the best renewal deals they offer is over £30 dearer than a new customer more if you take the value of the O2 sim tariff included with new customers

i will be moving to Sky or BT in a few weeks by the looks of it

Hi @MKH99 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have been having with renewing your package. As with all providers, we have introductory offers to new customers. At the start of all of our customers' time with us, they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires, we'll always do all that we can to offer the best existing customer deal that's available.

We also send out an end of contact notification to all of our customers before their minimum agreed term comes to an end, highlighting both the new package price and any other offers that may be of interest.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget. This doesn't always mean a downgrade.

If you would like to discuss your package and the options that are currently available for you, please call 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Or we can bring you into a private message and look into this for you. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina